LOUISVILLE, Ky. (July 18, 2022) — The Kentucky State Fair is one month away and the annual summertime celebration is announcing exciting new acts and returning fair favorites. From a new pirate- themed high wire show to long-time favorites like the Miller’s Border Collies, the annual festival has something for the whole family. Held Aug. 18-28 at the Kentucky Exposition Center, the Fair draws approximately 600,000 visitors for the once-a-year opportunity to experience fair food, music, animals, exhibits, entertainment and more.
New Acts, Entertainment and Exhibits
More than 75 activities are available to enjoy at the Fair.
- ● 9/11 NEVER FORGET – Interactive mobile exhibit honoring the heroes and victims of 9/11. Artifacts including steel beams from the World Trade Center, documentary videos and recordings of first responder transmissions will be displayed.
- ● The BIG Tent – Entertainment tent featuring unique food, drinks and entertainment. The Dennis Lee Band, hip hop and R&B sensation Kazual, DJ music and contests offer entertainment for the whole family.
- ● Jason D’Vaude – The Circus Man – Comedic juggling, fire and balancing acts, in addition to precarious stunts, sharp objects, and a dash of danger.
- ● Kentucky Fire & Rescue – Meet Kentucky’s firefighters and learn about fire safety training and demonstrations from hometown heroes.
- ● Kentucky Remembers: The Korean War Experience – Walk through a Korean War encampment and M.A.S.H. unit featuring authentic artifacts, vehicles and educational displays.
- ● Pirates of the Columbian Caribbean – Fun and thrilling high wire show with two pirate crews racing to find the hidden treasure.
- ● Trivia Tractor – The Wheel of Agriculture is a fast-paced, interactive mobile game show that anyone can play.
- ● Rescue Ridge – Explore Safety Town and meet with Kentucky’s first responders and military organizations.
Returning Fair Favorites
- ● Discovery Farm – Learn what life is like on a Kentucky farm and meet cattle, goats, llamas, sheep, poultry, pigs, view live milking demonstrations and the duckling slide
- ● Largest Pumpkin & Watermelon Contest (Aug. 20) – Witness a pound-by-pound battle of Kentucky’s largest gourds.
- ● Miller’s Border Collies – See trained dogs execute herding techniques on command in the Show Ring.
- ● Pork Chop Revue – Comedy animal variety show featuring swine of all kinds! These bodacious barnyard buddies present a show featuring stunts and laughable antics.
- ● Rooster Showdown: Crowing Contest (Aug. 18-21) – Listen as exhibitors put their roosters’ abilities to the test in this crowing contest.
- ● RoboCars – Children will be amazed by this innovative strolling act. RoboCars features a monster truck and a pick-up truck that transform as they roam around the Fair.
- ● Texas Roadhouse Concert Series – Free with Kentucky State Fair gate admission. Watch popular bands and performers, ranging from country to rock all 11-days of the Fair. Talent includes Trace Adkins, Con Funk Shun, Night Ranger and more!
Early bird tickets are available through Aug. 5 at $8 per person and includes parking. Admission at the gate is $10 per person and $10 parking per vehicle. Kentucky State Fair admission is now available online via Ticketmaster and at participating Kroger locations.
The 2022 Kentucky State Fair is Aug. 18-28 at the Kentucky Exposition Center. For more information, visit www.kystatefair.org. Find the Fair on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.