Gates to open at 6:00 to concert
LAWRENCE COUNTY TOURISM MAP SHOWS WHERE TO PARK
The map posted displays available parking.
“Lawrence County will be wild!” local tourism commission chairman Wes Kingsmore told WSIP News at 7:30 this morning. He said that everyone should know that this is a setting for the show as well as a homecoming for Noah.
Sheriff Chuck said this morning that a short meeting did not result with definite plans for law enforcement so he is now trying to do that today.
“We want this to come off as smoothly as possible and we have had to change our plans a couple of times, but we think we are ready for a huge crowd, want to see as many as possible to come to support Noah and show off Louisa at the same time,” he said.
Don’t let the large crowd scare you off! Come to the escort through town where AI will be filming for the finale.
Transfer service will be available to the stadium and chairs have been set on the field (pictures coming), Kingsmore said.
He said American Idol is actually making a lot of the decisions on what and how to put on the first ever home appearance of a contestant on AI.
Here is what the public is supposed to know according to the Tourism FB page which was hacked yesterday but back on track today, he said.
Lots that are numbered will be getting shuttle service with what resources we have. Currently 6 full size buses and a few vans.
Lots that are lettered will be within walking distance and will not have shuttle service provided by buses.
Once again, I ask for everyone to exercise patience. We have never done an event like this. Prayers for a safe and enjoyable night of excitement!
1. It’s about Noah
2. It’s to make him proud to represent us in the rest of his career.
3. We have never prepared for an event of this possible magnitude!!
4. American Idol has given us some guidelines of how the event goes.
5. Lawrence County Tourism Commission is a complete volunteer staff with limited funds.
6. Without private donations and support we couldn’t have done anything special for him.
7. We are trying our best to make this a safe and enjoyable evening that we can be proud of for years to come.
8. It’s been planned for a very short time.
9. We ask for everyone to be patient and kind to one another.
10. It’s about our newest ambassador of Lawrence County and he’s doing a fantastic job representing the people of Appalachia.
Now for some simple instructions.
From Tourism Chief Wes Kingsmore
Escort parade starts at 7:00
Not a typical parade. Mainly, this parade is to highlight Noah and show the support this community is pouring out to him.
Concert will start 8:30 ish at the LCHS football stadium.
The security has asked for no bags, purses, or coolers to be brought. If it’s a needed device it may be searched. And of course no alcoholic beverages or firearms are to be on school property!
We are asking people with mobility issues to be there early as handicapped parking and seating is limited.
If you bring chairs just be aware that it could be very congested.
Parking is very limited on campus and we are suggesting people use the designated parking along the Walmart connecting road.
Kydot are setting message boards on 23 country music Highway with parking information.
Buses will begin making a pickup loop at 5:00 pm.
Football field will open gates at 6:00 pm. Please be patient and we will do our best to get you in.
The map posted will display available parking.
Lots that are numbered will be getting shuttle service with what resources we have.