By Susan Salyer
On Tuesday June 20, 2022 at 7PM The Louisa City Council had a Special Meeting due to Covid sickness from last week’s regular meeting. Attending last night were Louisa Mayor Harold Slone and City Council Members Joey McClanahan, Lisa Schaeffer, Tom Parsons and Ashley Caudill. Absent Council Members were Gary Robertson and Matt Brown.
1. Call to order
2. Approved minutes for May 10, 2022 – Motion by Joey McClanahan 2nd by Ashley Caudill.
3. Discussion of Franklin Street property trade- Alex Gonzales (photo above) attended City Council to discuss property (.34 acres being traded between himself and the City of Louisa). These properties are located beside the Old Riverview Bldg. and Franklin Street parking facility.
4. Second reading of Ordinance 2022-01, 22-23 City of Louisa Budget – Motion by Ashley Caudill 2nd by Tom Parsons.
5. Second reading of Ordinance 2022-02, 22-23 Compensation of City Employees – Motion by Tom Parsons 2nd by Joey McClanahan.
6. Second reading of Ordinance 2022-03, 22-23 Louisa Utility Budget – this budget amount will be $1,120. Motion by Joey McClanahan 2nd by Tom Parsons.
7. Second reading of Ordinance 2022-04, 22-23 Compensation of Louisa Utility employees. (This includes water & sewer) Motion by Tom Parsons 2nd by Ashley Caudill.
8. Resolution 2022-03, *Resolution of The City of Louisa in Support of National Heritage Area Designation” – Congressman Hal Rogers and US Senator Mitch McConnell have designated a pilot program for a trail area in 41 counties in Kentucky. “Kentucky Wildlands” has been designated by The National Park Service and will receive national recognition. Motion by Joey McClanahan 2nd by Lisa Schaeffer.
9. Set time and date for fireworks – Fireworks in Louisa will be on Saturday July 2, 2022 at 10 PM.
10. Council comments – Mayor Harold Slone said they are lacking a Code Person and next meeting this will be discussed.
11. Audience comments – None
12. Executive session – None
13. Adjourn – Motion by Ashley Caudill 2nd by Joey McClanahan.