In response to my opponent’s recent attack ad, which falsely accuses me of many things, I will say this, it was as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning. My Dad always told me, “if you argue with a fool, you become one.” I will not play into my opponent’s negativity. I am going to stay positive! In talking to the people of Lawrence County, I consistently hear about division and retaliation, and the people are tired of it. I want to show the PEOPLE what can be done when we all WORK TOGETHER! I want to work for you and with you! The Lawrence County Judge Executive’s office is your office, and I know what we can do TOGETHER! This election is about WE not ME.
Since being elected to the Lawrence County School Board, TOGETHER we have:
· Certified raises – 5% in raises, 2% raise last year!
· Classified raises- 5% and the largest ever last year.
· Free student breakfast and lunches. Saving you over $500 per child!
· Blaine Middle- 5 Star ranking
· Fallsburg middle – 4 Star ranking
· All other schools 3 Star – East borderline 4 star!
· No school is labeled as a “needs improving school” and hasn’t been in 4 years.
· High school – from PLA to Distinguished!
· 1 to 1 technology for our students
· 9.25 Million Career technical grant- upgrades, greenhouse, new facility. (cost LC taxpayers $0)
· Softball building just for the girls!
· Camera systems in all schools!
· Bulldog Lane blacktop! Thank you City of Louisa
· Blaine parking lot blacktop
· Intercom system at Blaine
· Fallsburg new gym floor
· Law enforcement at our schools! SRO’S! Because we listened to your concerns
· Went from potentially having to make $400,000 in cuts in 2014 to being financially stable!
· Grant for all schools/students to have school supplies in 2021 AND 2022 saving you money for school supplies!
· Elementary academic team – Regional champions – teams at all levels regularly have students competing in the regional and state levels
· Basketball regional champion!
· First girls district championship EVER, and Now have 3 in a row! Proud of you girls!
· Partnerships with Murray, University of Kentucky, Southern Ohio, ACTC, Big Sandy, to provide dual credit and saved parents thousands.
· Over $800,000 grant to pay for dual credit through ACTC
· New turn lane into Louisa West
· New pick up system at Louisa East to save blocking the road
· Buses have been purchased to replace the older buses for student safety (Replacing over 20 in 8 years)
· Cameras on all buses!
· Team uniform purchases for students!
· Academic team shirts for academic teams!
· No extra curricular team pays for gas.
- Grant for Dataseam Apprenticeship
- Over 280,000 meals prepared, served, and delivered to the children of LC during COVID
· LOWEST PROPERTY TAX RATE IN OUR REGION
· 2ND LOWEST MOTOR VEHICLE TAX RATE IN THE STATE (171 DISTRICTS)
WENT FROM IN THE RED TO OVER A $1,000,000 IN CONTINGENCY AND FINANCIAL STABILITY!
As I have always said, I am not taking all credit for all these great improvements to Lawrence County. But these are some of the great things that can happen when you have a great TEAM that will WORK TOGETHER, listen to the people’s needs, and invite EVERYONE to the table! I am honored to be a part of these teams! So many great people made all these things happen for a better Lawrence County!
THE CHILDREN WIN!
THE PEOPLE WIN!
LAWRENCE COUNTY WINS!
I believe in YOU!
I will work for you and with you!
THERE IS A NEW DAY, AND A BETTER WAY!
D. HEATH PRESTON
LAWRENCE COUNTY JUDGE EXECUTIVE
PAID FOR BY CANDIDATE