LENNIE COLLINS, JAMES ALLEN PAULEY BARKER NEWEST LIBRARY BOARD MEMBERS
By Susan Salyer
On Monday, November 13, 2023 the Lawrence County Public Library Board of Trustees had a Regular Monthly Board Meeting at the LCP Library, 102 W. Main Street, Louisa, Kentucky at 6:15 PM.
Library Director Carlie Pelfrey was in attendance along with President Marc Lester, Vice President Susie Chambers, James Allen Pauley Barker and Lennie Collins. Kim Burchett was absent.
LCPL President Marc Lester welcomed Lennie Collins to the Library Board of Trustees.
“I feel privileged to sit on the Library Board, and be a service to our community,” Collins told The Lazer.
The October 2023 Minutes were passed unanimously with a Motion by Susie Chambers and 2nd by James Allen Pauley Barker. The September 2023 Financials were also passed unanimously with a Motion by Lennie Collins and 2nd by Marc Lester.
The LCPLKY has chosen “2024 Closed Days” for next year. All Holidays remain the same as previous years, Pelfrey said. The only Holiday added was Juneteenth National Independence Day on June 19, 2024 on a Wednesday. The list of “Closed Days” are as follows:
January 15, 2024 Monday Martin Luther King Day
February 19, 2024 Monday Presidents Day (Staff in-Service)
May 27, 2024 Monday Memorial Day
July 4, 2024 Thursday Independence Day
September 2, 2024 Monday Labor Day
September 6, 2024 Friday Septemberfest
September 7, 2024 Saturday Septemberfest
October 14, 2024 Monday Columbus Day (Staff In-Service)
November 11, 2024 Monday Veterans Day
November 28-29, 2024 Thursday and Friday Thanksgiving
December 25-28, 2024 W/T/F/S Christmas
January 1, 2025 New Years Day
Juneteenth National Independence Day: Federal Holiday
June 19, 2024 Wednesday
Regular meeting time changed
The Library Board of Trustees discussed changing the regular meeting time from 5PM to 12 (Noon) on the second Monday of each month. The new time will start on Monday December 11, 2023.
LCPLKY Director Carlie Pelfrey discussed the Monthly Board Update for October to the Board of Trustees.
November 13, 2023 Board Update
• October 2023 Door Count: 9,713
• October 2023 Programs September 2023 In-House: 46 Programs 1,521 Attendance
• September 2023 Outreach: 117 Programs 2,357 Attendance September 2023 Total Programs: 163 Attendance: 3,878 Self Directed Activities: 16
• Participants: 1,643
• October 2023 Book Giveaways: 718 Story Hour & Lobby Table)
• Misc. Stats: Podcast plays: 15
• Big Sandy News Digital Collection Views: 258
• Notary: 49
New Parent Outreach Baskets: 8
• Annual audit complete. Auditor will present findings at the December meeting.
• Check presented to Robbie Fletcher and Katie Webb for Dolly Parton Imagination Library. Thank you card received for $15k donation.
There were no Public Comments and the Meeting was adjourned with a Motion by James Allen Pauley Barker and 2nd by Susie Chambers.
1. October 2023 Minutes – Motion by Susie Chambers 2nd by James Allen Pauley Barker. None Opposed.
2. September 2023 Financials – Motion by Lennie Collins 2nd by Marc Lester. None Opposed.
3. 2024 Closed Days – Motion by Marc Lester 2nd by Susie Chambers. None Opposed.
4. December Meeting Day/Time – Motion by Marc Lester 2nd by Susie Chambers. None Opposed.
5. Regular Board Meeting Time Change – Motion by Marc Lester 2nd by Susie Chambers. None Opposed.
6. Board Update- Pelfrey discussed the libraries totals, for the month.
7. Public Comment – None
8. Adjourn – Motion by James Allen Pauley Barker 2nd by Susie Chambers.
The next Regular Monthly Board meeting will be on Monday December 11, 2023 at the Lawrence County Public Library at 102 W. Main Street, Louisa, Kentucky.