LC PUBLIC LIBRARY March 2023 BOARD MEETING…
By Susan Salyer
On Monday March 13, 2023 the Lawrence County Public Library had its Regular Scheduled Board Meeting at the Library at 5PM. The Library board members have overseen more than $5 million in expenditures in the past four years.
President John Osborne was in attendance along with Vice-President Susie Chambers, Treasurer Kim Burchett and Marc Lester. Absent was Secretary Scott Osborn so Ms. Burchett took the minutes for the meeting. Library employees Caleb Farley and Deena Meade also attended.
1. February 2023 Minutes – Motion by Susie Chambers 2nd by Marc Lester. None Opposed.
2. January 2023 Financials – Motion by Marc Lester 2nd by John Osborne. None Opposed.
3. Board Update – Deena Meade. (Librarian Carlie Pelfrey is still on maternity leave)
March 13, 2023 Board Update
February 2023 Door Count:
February 2023 Programming:
• # of programs in person 27 (on site) 7 (off site)
• # of attendance in person 439 (on site) 194 (off site)
• Total # of programs: 34
• Total attendance: 633
February 2023 Special Programs:
• Wood Burning 10 (all spots filled)
• Diamond Art 15 (all spots filled)
February 2023 Book Giveaways: 504 (new) 12 (weeded or donated)
4. Pubic Comment – None
Meeting Adjourned – Motion by Kim Burchett 2nd by Susie Chambers.
The next board meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 10, 2023 at 5PM at the Lawrence County Public Library. Everyone is Welcome.