LIBRARY BOARD MAKES DONATION TO LAWRENCE COUNTY SCHOOLS FOR DOLLY PARTON IMAGINATION LIBRARY…
By Susan Salyer
The Lawrence County Public Library had a Special Scheduled Monthly Meeting on Monday, October 16, 2023 at 5PM at the Lawrence County Public Library, 102 W. Main Street, Louisa, Kentucky. The Regular Scheduled Monthly Meeting for the LCPL Board of Trustees was canceled last week on Monday, October 9, 2023 due to Columbus Day Holiday.
LCPL Director Carlie Pelfrey was in attendance along with Board Trustees, President Marc Lester, Vice President Susie Chambers, Secretary Kim Burchett and James Allen Pauley Barker.
Director Pelfrey discussed a donation to the Lawrence County Schools for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. The Board had approved a donation of $15,000 earlier this year. A Motion was made by Marc Lester to donate $5,000 to the Lawrence County Schools quarterly until $15,000 has been exhausted.
Next Director Pelfrey discussed the October Board Update;
October 16, 2023 Board Update
• September 2023 Door Count: 7,486
• September 2023 Programs September 2023 In-House: 31 Programs 748 Attendance
• September 2023 Outreach: 18 Programs 401 Attendance September 2023 Total Programs: 49 Attendance: 1,149
• Self Directed Activities: Participants: 996
• September 2023 Book Giveaways: 1,061 (Story Hour & Lobby Table)
• Misc. Stats:
• Podcast plays: 13
• BSN Digital Collection Views: 175
• Passports Processed: 2
New Parent Outreach Baskets: 11
• Annual Audit: Scheduled for 10/30/2023 – 10/31/2023
No Public Comments were made. The LCPL October Board Meeting was adjourned.
1. September 2023 Minutes – Motion by Susie Chambers 2nd by Kim Burchett. None Opposed.
2. August 2023 Financials – Motion by James Allen Pauley Barker 2nd by Susie Chambers. None Opposed.
3. Dolly Parton Imagination Library Donation to Lawrence County Schools – Motion by Marc Lester 2nd by Susie Chambers.
4. Board Update – Discussion by Director Pelfrey.
5. Public Comment – None