2023 Lawrence County fair schedule
CLICK IN SCHEDULE FOR LAZER VIDEO BY SUSAN SALYER
By Susan Salyer
The Lawrence County Tourism Regular Meeting was on Monday, July 17, 2023 at
The Fred M. Vinson Building – Louisa, Kentucky at 5:30PM. (VISITLCKY.COM) LC Tourism Chairman Wes Kingsmore was in attendance along with Secretary Susie Chambers, Treasurer Brenda Hardwick, members Keith Chaffin, Christy Moore and Chris Jobe. Also in attendance were Rick and Melissa Blackburn, Lawrence County Fair and Tamyra New from “A Ray of Hope”.
LC TOURISM SPECIAL GUESTS were Rick and Melissa Blackburn to discuss The Lawrence County Fair in Louisa, Kentucky on JULY 22, & 27-29TH. (SEE VIDEO)
Kingsmore discussed the “Storybook Trail” here in Lawrence County, Kentucky. These trails have been marked off and all that remains are LC Tourism Signs to be posted. Also The Lawrence County Fiscal Court purchased trail markers for the Horse Trails (ALL-PURPOSE TRAILS) these trail markers will be posted along each trail in Lawrence County.
Kingsmore also stated that a new banner will posted at the Little Buchanan Shelter. SOAR (Shaping Our Appalachian Region) named Lawrence County, Kentucky “County of the Year” this year 2023. The Noah Thompson banner currently at the Little Buchanan Shelter will be moved into downtown Louisa, Kentucky giving everyone a chance to take pictures with the Noah Thompson Banner. Noah is the 2022 American Idol. Marvin Rose, Lawrence County native was recently added to the Country Music Highway sign on US 23 N coming into Lawrence County, Kentucky. (Photo by LC Tourism Committee, Louisa, Kentucky.)
2. Call to Order
3. Special Guests – Rick Blackburn and Melissa Blackburn –
4. Storybook Trail – Update by Wes Kingsmore.
5. Approval of June 2023 Minutes – Susie Chambers, Secretary – Motion by Chris Jobe 2nd by Keith Chaffin.
6. Approval of June 2023 Financial Report – Brenda Hardwick, Treasurer – Motion by Susie Chambers 2nd by Keith Chaffin.
1. Country Music Highway Tribute Show – July 29 – Keith Chaffin will be representing Lawrence County Tourism at this show.
2. Lawrence County Fair – The Fair will be on July 22 and 27-29th.
3. Little Shelter at Buchanan Update – Banner for Noah Thompson will be moved into downtown Louisa, Kentucky.
4. Music in the Park will be July 20 and Aug 17
5. Second Saturday Cruise-In – Aug 12
6. Septemberfest 5K – There will be an entry fee to offset t-shirts.
7. Promotional Items – The Tourism Committee is checking into purchasing Louisa, Lawrence County Tourism items to give out in the future.
8. Nomination of IT Committee Member- Wes Kingsmore FaceTimed Kate Cecil to give her the news of her nomination and win. (SEE VIDEO)
8. Public Comments and Adjourn – Motion by Chris Jobe 2nd by Susie Chambers.