JOHNSON COUNTY, KY. GRAND JURY INDICTS EIGHT PEOPLE ON NINE CHARGES
LAWRENCE COUNTY MAN INDICTED ON DRUG CHARGES; FOUR MEN EACH INDICTED FOR MULTIPLE YEARS OF NOT PAYING CHILD SUPPORT
MAY 27, 2023 – written by WADE QUEEN
The Johnson County Grand Jury in Paintsville, KY. issued eight true bills, involving nine indictments, for this month of May, on Friday, May 19, 2023.
Those who were named and their charges in the indictments are as the following:
- • Jessica Spradlin, 35, of Offutt, KY., and Tiffany Prater, 34, of Nippa, KY., were both charged with first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
Jessica Spradlin was additionally charged as a first-degree persistent felony offender and with possession of marijuana.
On or before March 1, 2023, Jessica Spradlin and Tiffany Prater alone or in complicity with each other were allegedly in possession of approximately 13.5 grams of methamphetamine and an additional 3.75 grams of methamphetamine beside her person, digital scales and multiple plastic baggies with the intent to traffic methamphetamine.
• Ryan S. Kimbler, 35, of Sitka, KY., was charged with flagrant non-support.
From on or before September 1, 2019 through March 31, 2023; Ryan Kimbler allegedly failed to pay court ordered child support to Christa M. Hunter with a total amount of arrears exceeding $8,378.84.
• Zachariah J. Donta, 35, of West Liberty, KY., was charged with flagrant non-support.
From on or before September 1, 2018 through April 30, 2023; Zachariah Donta allegedly failed to pay court ordered child support to Ashley J. Blanton, with a total amount of arrears exceeding $9,477.55.
• Marvin P. Martin, 39, of Flora, Mississippi; was charged with flagrant non-support.
From on or before January 1, 2008, through February 28, 2023; Marvin Martin allegedly failed to pay court ordered child support to Jeannie M. Franklin with a total amount of arrears exceeding $12,934.12.
- • Clement J. Eldridge, 45, of Keaton, KY., was charged with flagrant non-support.
From on or before November 1, 2010 through March 31, 2023; Clement Eldridge allegedly failed to pay court ordered child support to Jeanna Hill, with a total amount of arrears exceeding $12,708.83.
- Jonathan D. Morrow, 44, of Nippa, KY., was charged with first-degree wanton endangerment; first-degree fleeing or evading police and endangering the welfare of a minor.
On or about May 25, 2016; Jonathan Morrow allegedly engaged in conduct which creates substantial danger of serious physical injury or death to another, namely Johnson County Sheriff’s Deputy Danny Martin, while he was acting in his official capacity; he operated a motor vehicle with the attempt to elude or flee and he being a parent, guardian or person legally charged with the care or custody of a minor failed or refused to exercise diligence in the control of such child to prevent that child from becoming a neglected, dependent, or delinquent child.
- Ronald Lee Ward, 43, of Louisa, KY., was charged with first-degree possession of a controlled substance and prescription of a controlled substance not in the proper container.
On or before May 3, 2023; Ronald Lee Ward was allegedly in possession of methamphetamine and Gabapentin that wasn’t in the proper container as dispensed.