On Tuesday March 15, 2022 the LC Fiscal Court had a regularly scheduled meeting at 10AM at the Lawrence County Courthouse (downtown) Louisa, KY.
The Agenda was as Follows:
1. Opening Prayer.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Call Meeting to Order.
4. Approved Minutes of the February 15, 2022 Meeting – Mouse Halcomb made motion Rick Blackburn seconded, Approved – No Objections
5. Approve First Reading of Revised Budget Amendment #4-Rick Blackburn made motion Mouse seconded, Approved-No Objection’s.
6. Approved Treasurer’s Request – John Scaggs made motion Rick Blackburn seconded, Approved-No Objection’s.
7. Approved Bills-Approved, No Objection’s.
8. Approved Treasurer’s Report-Jon made motion and Rick seconded,Approved-No Objection’s.
9. Approved Donation of $500 to Cat Spay Matching Grant -John Scaggs made motion Mouse Halcomb seconded, Approved – No Objections.
10. Accepted LC Conservation District 2022 Annual Budget – Mouse Halcomb made motion and Rick Blackburn seconded, Approved-No Objections.
11. Approved Sheriff’s 2021 Fee Settlement – Rick Blackburn made the motion and Mouse Halcomb seconded, Approved-No Objections.
12. Accepted County Clerk’s 2021 Financial Report – Mouse Halcomb made the motion and Rick Blackburn seconded, Approved-No Objections.
13. Accepted County Clerk’s 2021 Excess Fees-Mouse made motion and David seconded, Approved-No Objection’s.
14. Opened Bids on Blaine Waterline Extension – Young Construction Bid was $44,454.92, Martin Wright Bid was $31, 400.00 and Phillip Bid was $38,504.18. The bid was awarded to Martin Wright Construction which had the low bid.
15. Opened Bids on Voting Machines – LC Clerk Chris Jobe stated that all voting machines needed to be able to print ballots by June 2022. There are 18 voting precincts, so 20 new voting machines need to be ordered for the Clerk’s Office at around $2,200.00 per voting machine, Rick made the motion and Mouse seconded, Approved-No Objection’s.
16. Approved to Increase the Garbage Haulers Permit Fee – Withdrawn by Judge-Executive Phil Carter, no action taken.
17. Public Comments: Butch Jackson asked the Fiscal Court for a surcharge of $1.50 a ton for hauling county gravel because of the recent raise in gas prices. LC Fiscal Court agreed to table the topic until next meeting.
- Dr Robbie Fletcher appeared before the Fiscal Court to discuss that teachers had a planning day which involved Suicide Training and more talk about counselors on hand for all Lawrence County Students. Also Fletcher mentioned the Girl’s and Boy’s Basketball and all the Events Coming Soon at Lawrence County Sports. Dr. Fletcher thanked the LC Fiscal Court and knows that the community is behind the school system.
- . Adjourn Meeting.