On Tuesday February 15, 2022 the Lawrence County Fiscal Court had its regular meeting at 10AM at the Lawrence County Court House, Louisa, KY.
The agenda was as follows:
1. Opening Prayer
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Call the Meeting to Order
4. Approve Minutes of January 19th Meeting
5. Approve 1st Reading of Budget Amendment #4
6. Approve Treasurers Request
7. Approve Bills
8. Approve Treasurers Report
9. Appointed Joe Baldwin as Temporary Solid Waste Coordinator, Motion by Rick Blackburn and second by Mike Halcomb. (All votes were unanimous)
10. Authorized Clerk to advertise for bids on Waterline Extension at Blaine
11. Approved Resolution for AML Grant – The Lawrence County Fiscal Court approved a $4.9 million AML Grant for a Lodge at Lawrence County Park located near Eagle Ridge Golf Course, Motion by Rick Blackburn, second by John Scaggs. Industrial Spec Building for $4,525,000. Motion by David Pinson and John Scaggs.
12. Approved Proclamation Naming April as Spring Clean-up Month.
13. Appointed Board Members:
Approved Board Members for 2 years.
1. Neil Wilson, John Scaggs and Jim Burchett to Solid Waste Board.
2. Jr. Rose to Cemetery Board.
3. Craig McNeil, Michael Shapaka and Darlene Staniford to Zoning Board.
4. Roger Jordan to Housing Authority Board.
5. Michael Halcomb to Foothillls Housing Board.
6. Rachel Carter to Lawrence County Fair Board.
7. Vince Doty, ( Lil) Lawrence Vinson to FIVCO Development Planning Board.
8. Debbie Hill and Wes Kingsmore to Lawrence County Tourism Board.
9. Danny Maynard and Paul Rice to Lawrence County Extension Board.
10. Bill Hardin to Big Sandy Water District for (4 years).
14. Public Comments – Members of the Lawrence County Future Farmers of America (FFA) from Lawrence County High School attended the LCFC meeting. Judge-Executive Phil Carter signed a Proclamation stating this week, February 19-26 as National FFA Week. The FFA promotes citizenship, volunteerism, patriotism and cooperation and the FFA motto is “Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live and Living to Serve.”