Crews will repair 18 sites over the next four weeks starting Monday, Oct. 2 at 8 a.m.
JOHNSON COUNTY (Sept. 29, 2023) The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) advises the public of an embankment repair project along KY 825 in Johnson County. A total of 18 sites will be repaired over the next four to six weeks, with traffic impacts varying by location. The project begins at mile point 0.0 (intersection of KY 825 and KY 40W) near Oil Springs and extends through mile point 14.0 (intersection of KY 825 and KY 1428) near Hagerhill.
NATTCO Inc., will begin repairs Monday, Oct. 2, at 8 a.m. at site location three (listed below) near Green Rock Road. Crews will work Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Some weekend work is possible. Traffic impacts will vary due to each repair’s location and road width. Some sites will have multiple days of drilling.
Sites listed below will have daytime closures during drilling operations:
- KY 825 Site #3 MP 3.440 – 2.023 miles East of US 460 and 0.270 miles West of Green Rock Fork Road.
- KY 825 Site #5 MP 4.020 – 0.310 miles East of Green Rock Fork Road and 0.232 miles West of Taylor Branch Road.
- KY 825 Site #6 MP 4.380 – 0.128 miles East of Taylor Branch Road and 1.120 miles West of Riceville Road.
- KY 825 Site #7 MP 4.450 – 0.198 miles East of Taylor Branch Road and 1.050 miles West of Riceville Road.
- KY 825 Site #8 MP 4.640 – 0.388 miles East of Taylor Branch Road and 0.860 miles West of Riceville Road.
- KY 825 Site #9 MP 4.747 – 0.495 miles East of Taylor Branch Road and 0.753 miles West of Riceville Road.
Motorists should prepare for delays and seek alternate routes during peak travel times. Please pay close attention to equipment and crews in the work zone and watch for signage.
Schedules are based on weather conditions.
Get up-to-date traffic advisories for KYTC Highway District 12 by going to https://www.facebook.com/KYTCD12 or sign up for alerts via email or text by visiting https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/KYTC/subscriber/new and look for the list of District 12 counties. Check your spam filtering to assure Gov Delivery is on your approved email list.