Kentucky State Police Arrest Carter County Resident For Narcotics Distribution
Grayson, KY (March 17, 2022) – On March 16, 2022, The Kentucky State Police, Post 14 Ashland, conducted a drug investigation In the area of Grayson, KY. Information was obtained and a search warrant for the residence of Clifford “Boomer” Cathey was signed by the Carter County Attorney’s Office.
Upon serving the search warrant, approximately 961 grams of methamphetamine, 83 grams of heroin, 217 grams of marijuana, one assault rifle and $2400.00 cash was seized.
Mr. Clifford was arrested and lodged in the Carter County Detention Center and charged with
- TRAFF IN CONT SUB, 1ST DEGREE, 2ND OR > – (< 2 GMS METHAMPHETAMINE),
- TRAFF IN CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE 2ND OR > OFFENSE – (HEROIN),
- POSSESSION OF FIREARM BY CONVICTED FELON,
- TRAF IN MARIJUANA ( 8 OZ TO < 5 LBS.) 2ND > OFF and
- DRUG PARAPHERNALIA – BUY/POSSESS.
The Kentucky State Police was assisted by the Carter County Sheriffs Office, Kentucky State Police Canine Branch, North East Kentucky Drug Task Force and Carter County Attorney’s Office. The case remains under investigation by Trooper Tyler Daniels