VACANCY FOR THE LAWRENCE COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT IN DISTRICT #4
Application and residence verification link included
A vacancy will exist on the Lawrence County Board of Education as of December 31, 2022, in the District #4 Seat formerly held by D. Heath Preston. The unexpired term for this seat is set to end on December 31, 2024. The Board will proceed to appoint an individual to fill this seat for the unexpired term pursuant to KRS 160.190 and Board Policy 01.3.
If interested in applying, you may pick up an application and a county clerk’s certification of residence and voter registration form at the Lawrence County Board of Education office or click https://5il.co/1mehi to download both documents.
Here is a brief list of responsibilities as well as the requirements. The application has the applicant to answer questions about the qualifications.
- setting policy to govern the District;
- hiring/evaluating the Superintendent; and
- levying taxes and
- adopting the District budget.
Board members must:
- Be at least 24 years old and a Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- Be a registered voter in the particular District of the vacancy;
- Have completed the 12th grade or have a GED certificate;
- Meet all other legal qualifications (KRS 160.180); and
- Complete required annual in-service training.
APPLICATION AND CERTIFICATION FORMS MUST BE RETURNED TO THE BOARD OFFICE BY 4 PM ON JANUARY 18, 2023.
You may hand-deliver the application/certification or mail it to the following address:
Dr. Robbie Fletcher, Superintendent
ATTN: BOARD VACANCY
50 Bulldog Lane
Louisa, KY 41230