Motorcross will be back to race on Saturday October 22, 2022.
By Susan Salyer
On Tuesday October 18, 2022 the Lawrence County Fiscal Court had a regular scheduled monthly meeting at the Lawrence County Courthouse in Louisa, Kentucky at 10AM. LC Judge Executive Phillip Carter was in attendance with LC Magistrates David Pinson, Rick Blackburn, David (Mouse) Halcomb and John Scaggs. Also attending were LC Attorney Brad Derifield, LC Clerk Chris Jobe, LC Deputy Clerk Crystal Smith and LC Deputy Judge and Economic development director Vince Doty.
1. Opening Prayer
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Call Meeting to Order
4. Approve Minutes of the September 20, 2022, Regular Scheduled Meeting – Motion by Rick Blackburn 2nd by David (Mouse) Halcomb. Roll Call, None Opposed.
5. Approve Bills – Motion by David Pinson 2nd by David (Mouse) Halcomb. Roll Call, None Opposed.
6. Accept Treasurer’s Report – Motion by John Scaggs 2nd by Rick Blackburn, Roll Call, None Opposed. No discussion.
7. Appoint Jill Jackson as 911 Director and member of Board – Motion by Rick Blackburn 2nd by John Scaggs. Roll Call, None Opposed. Mrs. Jackson is the wife of sheriff Chuck Jackson. She replaces Tim Ellis who retired.
8. The Resolution and Agreement Between LC and the KY. Transportation Cabinet for resurfacing Mclntier Br. Road – Motion by David (Mouse) Halcomb 2nd by David Pinson. Roll Call, None Opposed. No amount discussed.
9. Public Comments – LC Tourism Commissioner Wes Kingsmore spoke about the Car Rally Sports Event being held in Blaine, Kentucky off Cherokee Bridge out Route 201 on November 11, 12, 13, 2022.
He said signs for event will be posted this weekend on the two roads being closed but the roads will not be impassable and Fire and Rescue will be on site.
“Rally Sports will include 20 racers, 25 volunteers and 11 staff. This event will stimulate the economy with a possible $265 spent per visitor a day,” Kingsmore said . “The Car Show will be Friday after the event at the Lawrence County Fairgrounds in Louisa, Kentucky,” Motion by David Pinson 2nd by Rick Blackburn to allow the closing of the roads being used. Also Motorcross will be back to race on Saturday October 22, 2022.
10. Adjourn – Motion by Rick Blackburn 2nd by David (Mouse) Halcomb.