LOUISA CITY COUNCIL SPOOKILY SETS TRICK or TREAT DATE and TIME…
By Susan Salyer
On Tuesday September 27, 2022 the Louisa City Council had a Special Meeting at 7PM and was held at Louisa City Hall, 215 N Main Cross Street, Louisa, Kentucky. Louisa Mayor Harold Slone and City Council Members Ashley Caudill, Tom Parsons, Joey McClanahan and Matt Brown (via Zoom) were in attendance. City Council Members Lisa Schaeffer and Gary Robinson were absent.
Mayor Slone welcomed everyone to the Special City Council Meeting. The Pledge of Allegiance and Prayer were given. The Agenda for the evening was started as follows.
1. Call to Order
2. Approve Minutes for August 9, 2022 – Motion by Ashley Caudill 2nd by Matt Brown. None Opposed.
3. Second Reading of Ordinance 2022-05 “Ordinance Closing Portions of Franklin Street Pursuant to KRS 82.405″ – The 2nd Reading closes Franklin Street. Mr. Alex Gonzales, Attorney for property owners side was in attendance for the 2nd Reading and agreed with Eldred E. (Bud) Adams that everything is in order with the Court System. Motion by Tom Parsons 2nd by Joey McClanahan. None Opposed. (no discussion.)
4. First Reading of Ordinance 2022-06 “An Ordinance Relating to the Valuation and Taxation of Property Within the City of Louisa” – Motion was made by Matt Brown 2nd by Tom Parsons to leave the 1st Reading the same as last year. None Opposed (Roll Call) (No Discussion)
5. Re-Advertise Fire Dept Annex – Request for Qualifications – Mayor Slone said, There has been some renewed interest within the local contractors and no bids received earlier were opened. The city has received a $750,000 grant to remodel the firehouse which is in dire need of the new facility.
Anyone interested will reapply with a bid.”Motion by Joey McClanahan 2nd by Ashley Caudill. None Opposed.
6. Accepted Lawrence County Tourism Commission 2022 Budget – Mayor Slone said, “The Lawrence County Tourism Commission has already received approval from the Lawrence County Fiscal Court.” Louisa City Council is in agreement to accept the Budget as is.” Motion by Tom Parsons 2nd by Ashley Caudill. None Opposed. (No Discussion)
7. Set Trick or Treat date and time – Mayor Slone said, “Fort Gay, WV always matches Lawrence County, Kentucky’s date and time for Halloween. But because it’s late for setting the date, Wayne County, WV has decided to have Trick or Treat on Halloween, Monday October 31, 2022. The Louisa City Council Members discussed pros and cons for Saturday October 29 or Monday October 31st and decided unanimously to date and time. Motion by Ashley Caudill 2nd by Matt Brown. None Opposed. (No discussion.)
8. Council Comments – None
9. Audience Comments – None
10. Executive Session – Eldred E. (Bud) Adams said, “The hospital wants to acquire a small piece of CITY OWNED property.” Motion by Tom Parsons 2nd by Matt Brown. (NO DISCUSSION)
11. Adjourn – Motion by Ashley Caudill 2nd by Joey McClanahan.
The next Louisa City Council Regular Meeting will be on Tuesday October 11, 2022 at 7PM located at 215 N Main Cross Street, Louisa Kentucky.