Kentucky State Police Investigation Results in Indictment of Former Somerset Officer
SOMERSET, KY. (March 09, 2023) –The Kentucky State Police Post 11 London presented evidence to the Pulaski County Grand Jury resulting in the indictment of Michael I. Correll, 44 years old of Somerset, KY on March 8, 2023. Michael Correll retired from the Somerset Police Department as a Captain on November 1, 2022.
The initial investigation began on January 08, 2023, when KSP Post 11 London was contacted by Somerset Police Chief William Hunt. Chief Hunt became aware of suspicious activity involving Retired Captain Mike Correll and requested the Kentucky State Police to initiate in investigation into the incident.
The Pulaski County Grand jury returned an Indictment on several charges.
- Burglary 1st Degree
- Burglary 3rd Degree (10 counts)
- Tampering with Physical Evidence (4 counts)
- Abuse of Public Trust Under $10,000
- TBUT or DISP Controlled Substance U/$10,000 (2 counts)
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree 1st , 2 or more grams, Methamphetamine
- Receiving Stolen Property (Firearm)
- Official Misconduct 1st Degree
- Unlawful Access to Computer 1st Degree
Michael Correll was arrested by KSP Post 11 personnel and lodged in the Pulaski County Detention Center without incident on March 8, 2023.
KSP Investigative Sergeant Billy Correll is continuing the investigation. He was assisted by Post 11 personnel, and the Somerset Police Department. The Somerset Police Department is continuing to fully cooperate and assist in this investigation.
Send all the cops to jail.
Sending you would be a better idea. It would be just like you live now, no work, free food, free electricity, free housing. And most of all, none of the taxes you claim you pay. How could it get any better?