By Susan Salyer
The LC Fiscal Court has a Special Meeting on January 3, 2023 at 1 PM at the Lawrence County Courthouse Downtown Louisa, Kentucky. Judge Executive Phillip Carter was in attendance with LC Magistrates Rick Blackburn, Michael (Mouse) Halcomb, David Pinson and John Scaggs. County Attorney John Osborne was ready to advise the fiscal court in his first meeting after winning election in November.
1. Opening Prayer
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Call Meeting to Order
All of the following were unanimous votes with no dissent.
4. Approved Administrative Appointments – No changes. Motion by Rick Blackburn 2nd by Mouse Halcomb. No discussion. No names given.
5. Approved & Set Salaries – No changes. Motion by Mouse Halcomb 2nd by John Scaggs. No public discussion and no information of salaries. (All salaries for the fiscal court and county are listed in Lazer archives)
6. Approved Bank Account Depositories – No changes. Motion by Mouse Halcomb 2nd by Rick Blackburn. Names not listed .
7. Approved Bank Signatures – No changes. Motion by Mouse Halcomb 2nd by Rick Blackburn. No discussion no names given.
8. Set Regular Monthly Court Meeting Day and Time – No changes. Motion by Mouse Halcomb 2nd by David Pinson. Meetings remain at 10:00am on the third Tuesday of each month.
9. Approved Bonds of Elected Officials – County Clerk Chris Jobe said, “I have bonds for myself, LC Sheriff Chuck Jackson, LC Judge Executive Phil Carter, LC Jailer Roger Lee Jordan and LC Coroner Wes Heston, all the other office holders have not submitted bonds yet.” Motion to approve bonds received. Motion by Rick Blackburn 2nd by Mouse Halcomb.
10. Approved to Give Judge the Authority to Sign, Accept and Administer all Grants– No changes. Motion by Mouse Halcomb 2nd by Rick Blackburn.
11. Approve Recurring Expense List and Judge to Purchase Up to $29,000 – No changes. Motion by David Pinson 2nd by Rick Blackburn.
12. Approve Applicant Agents – Discussion included the agents Vince Doty, Sabrina Cantrell and Shawna Marcum to take over the courts business if the current judge was unable. Motion by Rick Blackburn 2nd by David Pinson.
13. Continuity of Government KRS 67.725 – No discussion. Motion by Rick Blackburn 2nd by Mouse Halcomb.
14. Adjourn – Motion by Rick Blackburn 2nd by Mouse Halcomb.
NO PUBLIC COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS ALLOWED
The next LC Fiscal Court Meeting will be on Tuesday January 17, 2023
(Editor’s Note: Judge/Exec. Carter attempted to name Blaine special sheriff’s deputy Daniel Castle as the new chairman of the Big Sandy Detention Center since “this is our year to have the chairman” but was interrupted by Deputy Vince Doty who said “there are still some details to look at on this appointment”. Castle has served as Lawrence County’s representative to the BSRDC board in the past and has served as chairman. Carter said Castle is very knowledgeable of detention center issues.)
Once again Mr Blackburn nothing about you helping the city with some of there roads.
I will keep a look out
What the hell do you think you deserve KAG? You claim the GOP taxes you (it’s really the dimtards). You pay no county tax, you pay no city tax…however you go on about taxes quite a bit, yet you live on the same taxes you complain about? You’ve never had a job, never paid a dime into the system…but live off it? SSI, food stamps and welfare are NOT taxable income. You get on here and want to compare your taxes to others, knowing you couldn’t prove it! You are a liar and a fraud, a welfare drawer and a bum.
Charley just keep drawing that Government check
Yes, I get a Social Security check that I worked 49 years and earned, I still work part time and have never drawn food stamps in my life. I paid in every cent I draw. I’ve never lived in a project house, never been to a food bank and always paid my taxes. I live on my own property, and it’s paid for. As are my 2 Harley’s new car, boat and classic 1964 ford pickup, and I paid for it all. I own stocks and bonds, a lot of silver and some gold (would like to have more). You however…are a BUM!
Charlet can you prove it?
Bet you back up when you cash those government checks
I can prove it, but I have nothing to prove to you! BTW you don’t cash a social security check it is bank drafted, Unlike you I earned everything I have, it wasn’t given to me. I guess you still have to cash a welfare check…huh?
Charley you draw a SSI Check that’s for people who didn’t work enough
You would know that, but I don’t, nor do I get food stamps. What you say matters nothing, BUM.