THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS — 2022
We went back and looked at the top stories in each moth of the past year and boy, it was a big one!
Here is the list of the top stories of 2002 we came up with by popularity. Feel free to look in our Lazer archives for other 2002 stories:
Click on the stories to re-read them …
- VICTIM IN FATAL ACCIDENT IDENTIFIED AS ARC EMPLOYEE
- LOCAL MAN WINS WEST VIRGINIA ‘TOUGH MAN’ COMPETITION
- LOUISA MAN CHARGED WITH FIRST DEGREE RAPE OF MINOR USING MARIJUANA
- SUSPECT IDENTIFIED IN WILD MULTI-POLICE CHASE TUESDAY THROUGH LOUISA, THAT WAS PART OF OVER 100 MILES LONG PURSUIT
- LOUISA SINGER IS CONTESTANT ON AMERICAN IDOL THIS SEASON
- 15TH REGION TOURNAMENT GETS GOING MONDAY AT PIKEVILLE; BRADY DINGESS AND CHANDLER THOMPSON PICK UP KABC AWARDS
- LOUISA HOSPITAL MANAGER ADMITS STEALING AND SELLING MORE THAN $700,000 IN SUPPLIES
- LOUISA PAIR CHARGED WITH HEROIN OVERDOSE OF CHAPMAN
- WAYNE SHERIFF’S MEN DISCOVER ‘DISTRIBUTION QUANTITY’ DRUGS IN WOMAN’S BODY CAVITY
- MARTIN COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT DIES IN ONE CAR CRASH
- LAWRENCE CO. JUDGE/EXECUTIVE QUESTIONS SPENDING BY LIBRARY BOARD
- LIBRARY BOARD RESPONDS TO ALLEGATIONS BY COUNTY JUDGE
LAZER UPDATE: NOAH THOMPSON NAMED AMERICAN IDOL 2022! LAWRENCE COUNTY GOES WILD!!!
- UPDATE: BODIES IDENTIFIED AS ‘MURDER/SUICIDE’ VICTIMS ON BLAINE CREEK ROAD
- THE COVE…at Yatesville Lake, Opening Day!
- FORMER BULLDOG JACKSON FELTNER MAKES FIRST TEAM ALL-OVC AND ALL-REGION
- DEATH TOLL CONTINUES TO CLIMB IN EASTERN KY. FLOODING; 25 CONFIRMED DEATHS SO FAR, GOVERNOR SAYS
- GUSSLER MISSING AT BLAINE, FAMILY REACHES OUT FOR HELP
- LC FISCAL COURT: RELEASES SALARY SCHEDULE, FLETCHER SAYS LAWRENCE COUNTY SCHOOL STARTS ON AUGUST 10, 2022
- MISSING 12 YEAR-OLD FOUND DECEASED, DAD SHOOTS SELF IN VAN LEAR
- FAIR BOARD CHAIRMAN RESPONDS TO COMMENTS ON MARTIN COUNTY BUSSES
- PEACH ORCHARD FIGHT LEAVES ONE DEAD, ONE ARRESTED
- UPDATE: HOGANS GET PRISON TERMS IN WIRE FRAUD CASE; HOGANS TAKE $611,585
- WAYNE CO. SHERIFF’S MEN FIND POUND AND A HALF CRYSTAL METHAMPHETAMINE ON LEXINGTON MAN
- LAWRENCE COUNTY MAN NAMED IN FEDERAL INDICTMENT FOR DRUG TRAFFICKING
- DRUG WARRANT SWEEP IN WAYNE COUNTY, WVA AND MARTIN COUNTY, KY NETS 15 ARRESTS
- FORT GAY VIKINGS CAPTURE FIRST WAYNE CO. FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE 1996
- STATE ACCOUNTABILITY SCORES RELEASED; FALLSBURG LEADS THE WAY WITH A “GREEN” RATING
- STATE CHAMPIONS! LC MIDDLE SCHOOL BULLDOGS DEFEAT PADUCAH 40-0
- KENTUCKY STATE POLICE POST 14 WARN PUBLIC OF LOCAL PHONE SCAM
- LOUISA, KY WOMAN CHARGED WITH SHOOTING AT HUSBAND DURING MARITAL DISPUTE
- LOCAL METHODISTS SPLITTING WITH DENOMINATION AMID HOMOSEXUAL AND THEOLOGICAL DEBATES
- WHERE WILL KENTUCKIANS BUY MARIJUANA WHEN NEW ORDER TAKES EFFECT?
- UGLIEST HOUSE IN LOUISA? AMERICA? TV SHOW COMES TO TOWN AGAIN
Editor’s Note: Stories selected by number of visitors on the website.
Definitely an interesting year. Sure is disappointing to see more law enforcement stuff this year from Wayne Co and other counties and not Lawrence County. A lot of ball dropping for LC law enforcement this year. Interesting that still haven’t heard any more about the Peach Orchard shooting or the botched death investigation out in Webbville. Can only hope things will turn back around for LC one of theses days. Need attention focused on enforcing the laws and protecting citizens.
We submit the required documents and the application to the government department dealing with the citizenship or residence permit by investment program on behalf of our clients. The government department starts its Due Diligence check when the applicant pays the Due Diligence fee. All family members over the age of 16 included in the application have to undergo this check.
What’s up with jamesgop’s comment 👆 and the link titled “p**** massage” at the end of it? Very odd.
“Our best days are ahead of us. And I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I’ve been doing this a long time, folks. Our best days are ahead of us. Are not behind us. I’ve long said. I mean, this. I have never, ever, ever been more optimistic about America’s prospects. And am today. Never. Never. I’ve traveled over 140 countries around the world. I was the paraphrase the phrase in my old neighborhood. The rest of the countries the world is not a patch in our jeans. If we do what we want to do, we need to do. ”
Joe Biden, in KY, January 4, 2023
Blundering Biden January 5, 2023
“During a major White House speech Thursday announcing expanded border measures, President Biden fumbled while discussing the replacement of Title 42, a public health law that has been used to deter migrants at the border.
The speech came days before the president’s first-ever visit to the southern border next week as his administration struggles to deal with a historic surge in migrants. Asked why he’s visiting now when Republicans have been calling on him to visit since the start of his presidency, Biden shot back that Republicans “haven’t been serious about this at all.” (SERIOUSLY?)
The president then predicted that Title 42 would be gone by the end of the year.
“Title 42 is going to go away before the end of the year, in terms of the Supreme Court. My prediction. And then we’re going to have to use Title 9,” Biden said before quickly correcting himself to “Title 8.
“Eight, right? Am I right? Yeah, Title Eight. Eight-nine,” Biden said, appearing flustered.
At another point in the speech, Biden mispronounced U.S. Customs and Border Protection as “Customs and Border Patrol” while discussing fentanyl seizures.”
And he adds another 223,000 jobs for the month of December unemployment rate falls to 3.5%
With these numbers he can stumble all he wants.
In the mean time the Party of Dumb Dumbs can’t even elect a Speaker
“White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Friday blamed the previous administration for the immigration crisis facing the Biden administration, accusing Republicans of making the problem worse.”
Yeah. Everyone in America believes that. Kamala has been all over getting things done at the border. Lol!