Trick or Treat in Louisa / Lawrence County/Ft. Gay will be October 27th from 5:30 till 7:30pm.
Here are a few safety tips.
A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds.
* Obtain flashlights with fresh batteries for all children and their escorts.
* If your older children are going alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you. Agree on a specific time when they should return home.
* Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat.
* Because pedestrian injuries are the most common injuries to children on Halloween, remind Trick-or-Treaters:
* Stay in a group and communicate where they will be going.
* Remember reflective tape for costumes and trick-or-treat bags.
* Carry a cellphone for quick communication.
* Remain on well-lit streets and always use the sidewalk.
* If no sidewalk is available, walk at the far edge of the roadway facing traffic.
* Never cut across yards or use alleys.
* Only cross the street as a group in established crosswalks (as recognized by local custom). Never cross between parked cars or out driveways.
* Don’t assume the right of way. Motorists may have trouble seeing Trick-or-Treaters. Just because one car stops, doesn’t mean others will!
* Law enforcement authorities should be notified immediately of any suspicious or unlawful activity
Does this include fallsburg area?
Yes- It said Lawrence County.
Any chance of Trick or Treat night being changed since the weather is suppose to be so nasty?
So…….we break away from upholding having Halloween on 31 Oct so parents can get to bed early in the meantime put the kids at risk of crossing streets with the weekend traffic…..brilliant tactic for a town loaded with addicts.