February 2, 2018
Louisa Utilities Board
February 27, 2018
The Louisa Water and Sewer Commission met in regular business session February 27, 2018 with Mayor Harold Slone presiding. In attendance were Board Members Jeff Kinser, Heath Preston, Mitch Castle and Sam Lester. Others in attendance were Martin Wright and Jason Helton.
- Call to order, 6:15pm
- Mayor Harold Slone and Martin Wright updated on customer issues on Levisa Drive. Martin advised that they dug the tap up in front of a local residence, a broken connector was replaced and he removed a sharp angle turn, which has so far resolved the problem. Also discovered that empty lots on the street with uncovered taps were resulting in rainwater entering the system during rain events and overtaxing the pump station. Many of these were fixed. Mayor Slone has instructed sewer employees to get a price quote to replace the pumps with higher capacity pumps to help further alleviate the problem.
- Motion by Heath Preston, second by Sam Lester to approve minutes for January 2018. All approve.
- Reviewed Financials. No actions taken.
- Reviewed Purchase requests for water plant and sewer plant. Board approved purchase of new chlorine delivery system at the sewer plant. Water plant to get 2 additional quotes and bring for approval at March Meeting. The board recommended having training for employees dealing with chlorine and place breathing apparatus’ from the fire dept. at the water and sewer plant.
- Discussed $1.50 fee being charged for customers using a credit or debit card. The fee has been in place since the Water Co. began accepting Credit cards. Motion by Jeff Kinser, Second by Sam Lester to quit charging $1.50 fee. All approve.
- Adjourned at 8:06pm.
Leave a Reply